Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Atomic Scala

I recently purchased the AtomicScala eBook written by Bruce Eckel and Dianne Marsh. I am enjoying reading this book as I find it to be a much easier read than some other programming books on Scala that I have read.

We wrote Atomic Scala to appeal to beginning programmers as well as experienced programmers who have been frustrated with the sharp learning curve often described when learning Scala. In the atom “How to Use This Book”, we encourage experienced programmers to move through the material more quickly by skipping to the summaries (Summary 1 and Summary 2). Those summaries also help beginners by reinforcing the information that we previously presented in detailed atoms and with additional exercises.

I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to learn Scala, you can also download the first 100 pages for free to get a taste for it.

No comments: